2019 Marlin 5Marlin 5 is a trail-worthy daily rider that’s perfectly suited for everyday adventures, on and off the trail. A front suspension fork with 100 mm of travel, 21 speeds and mounts for a rack and kickstand make it an ideal choice for new trail riders or anyone looking for a comfortable, stable commuter with the ruggedness of a real mountain bike.
- It’s a real mountain bike that’s also perfectly suited to daily commutes, rides around campus or just getting from A to B on any surface
- Smaller frame sizes (13.5˝ and 15.5˝) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- It has separate brake and gear levers (a feature that’s common on more expensive mountain bikes) so you can fine-tune the positioning for comfort
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorise, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every Trek, it’s backed by a lifetime warranty
It’s right for you if…
You’re new to the trail and want a serious mountain bike that doubles as a commuter – and you want it all at exceptional value.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminium frame, 21 speeds, a wide range of gearing so you never need to pedal too hard or gently on terrain that varies in elevation, hydraulic disc brakes that feel smoother than mechanical disc brakes and a suspension fork with 100 mm of travel – that’s the same amount favoured by most cross-country racers.
The final word
Built in Trek’s MTB heritage, and more than capable of taking on trail adventures. But it’s also versatile. It’s a popular ride on college campuses because the rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorise and carry a load.